The Tier 4 Student visa and Child categories under the points-based system are for those international students who wish to come to the UK to study and experience life and culture in the UK. As this is a point’s based application, points will be awarded for Certificate of Acceptance of Studies (CAS) and funds for maintenance.
How we can help with the Tier 4 Student visa application?
We can help with your Tier 4 Student Visa applications and queries. Our expert team of lawyers can assist you with the preparation of your Tier 4 student visa application and ensure that you meet with all the requirements of the relevant Immigration Rules, we will ensure that all key points are substantiated with documentary evidence thereby leading to a successful application and avoiding unnecessary expense of resubmitting your Tier 4 Student Visa application to the Home Office.
Qualifying for a Tier 4 General Student Visa
For successful Tier 4 Student Visa application:
- You must have a secured place at a UK-based institution which is registered with the Home Office for full-time study. Full-time means a minimum of 15 hours of classroom study per week;
- You will need to have English ability just below GCSE in a foreign language to gain entry to the UK on a tier 4 student visa. This will cover those who wish to study English in the UK and those who wish to study at below degree level;
- You will only be able to gain entry to A-level or equivalent courses if the college or school is included in a list of “most trusted institutions”;
- You need to provide evidence that you have sufficient funds to pay for your course and support your stay in the UK;
- You need to provide your certificates that show sufficient qualifications from secondary school or college;
- You need to provide your letter of acceptance to show you have been accepted on a course of study in the UK; and
- In addition to this, you will need to demonstrate that you have sufficient funds to cover the cost of your stay in the UK and you will need to pass the English language requirements.
Documents you must provide for Tier 4 Student Visa
When you apply for the Tier 4 Student Visa you must provide:
- a current passport or other valid travel documentation
- proof that you can support yourself and pay for your course – this will vary depending on your circumstances
- proof of parental or other legal guardian consent if you’re under 18
- proof of your relationship with your parent or guardian
- You need a page in your passport that’s blank on both sides for your visa.
You may also need to provide additional documents depending on your circumstances.
Your documents will usually be sent back within 14 days.
What are you not allowed to do on a Tier 4 student visa?
There are certain restrictions on a Tier 4 Student Visa. For example:
- You will not be able to study below degree level if the course includes a work placement unless the course is being provided by a university, college or training provider with the status of ‘highly trusted sponsor’;
- You will not be able to bring in dependants if the duration of the course is less than six months.
- If you are applying to study a course lower than degree level under Tier4, excluding foundation degree courses, your dependents will not be able to work unless they qualify to work in their own right under Tier 1 or Tier 2 of the points-based system.
- If you are studying a course lower than foundation or undergraduate degree level your dependents will not be allowed to work in the UK.
Under the new Tier 4 Student Visa regulations, international students have permission to commence part-time work of up to 20 hours per week and full time during holidays. The Tier 4 Student Visa also gives permission for you to undertake a work placement as part of your university course.
Tier 4 Student (Child)
The Tier 4 Student (Child) Visa category is under the points-based system and is for those children aged between 4 and 17 who are coming to the UK for their education to study at independent schools. As this is a point’s based application, points will be awarded for Certificate of Acceptance of Studies (CAS) and funds for maintenance.
Why we provide the best legal advice for Tier 4 Student Visas
We are a UK Solicitors law firm and are fully authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority(link is external) (SRA) and as a professional law firm are completely exempt from requiring authorisation by the Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner(link is external) (OISC). Many businesses offering immigration services are only OISC regulated and as such are not professional legal organisations such as Solicitors firms or Barristers’ chambers. OISC businesses are not allowed to do legal work before the Courts such as Judicial Review or statutory challenges of Home Office decisions. Also as a professional organisation, our policy is not to employ sales staff to give you “advice” (all our telephone consultations are handled by lawyers). We are often instructed at immigration appeal stages in cases that ‘immigration businesses’ have dealt with and which were clearly hopeless applications at the outset. When you instruct us, qualified immigration solicitors or immigration barristers work on your case from the outset when it matters the most in order to ensure no time and money is wasted and more importantly that no mistakes are made.
As a law firm with a track record of success, you can be assured your immigration matter is in safe hands and that the best strategy for your case will be adopted. It is crucial that you seek specialist legal advice at the outset and prior to making any type of immigration application. We can assist you with your applications for any type of Visa including Tier 4 Student Visa or permit and any form of leave to remain (or for entry clearance) under the points-based system. We ensure our clients comply with the Immigration Rules and the strict requirements of the UKBA prior to making an application, thereby eliminating much of the stress of the Tier 4 Student Visa application process.
Contact us for successful Tier 4 Student Visa applications
Our team of experienced and professionally qualified solicitors and barristers will be able to guide you through the Tier 4 Student Visa process step by step and limit the possibility of failure by complying with the strict letter of the law. Please always call us for a telephone consultation even if you wish to consider other advisers.
Our Immigration Experts are able to give specialist legal information and advice in this area of law. To contact one of our Immigration Solicitors or Immigration Barristers please complete our online Enquiry form and we will get in touch or call us now on 01206500181