UK Student Visitor Visa

The Student Visitor visa category is for nationals of countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland. If you are a short-term student and wish to come to the UK to study you must have been accepted on a course of study in the UK. In order to obtain a Tier 4 Student Visitor Visa you must satisfy certain criteria. When entering the UK your passport will be stamped, stating the duration of your stay. Your stay cannot be extended beyond this provision. If you wish to stay in the UK longer to study a longer course or if you wish to work and study you will have to apply for a Student Visa.

How we can help with Student visitor visa application?

If you wish to apply for a Student Visitor visa we can help you with your visa application and queries. Our expert team of lawyers can assist you with the preparation of your student visitor visa application and ensure that you meet with all the requirements of the relevant Immigration Rules. We will ensure that all key points are substantiated with documentary evidence thereby leading to a successful application and avoiding the unnecessary expense of resubmitting your student visitor visa application to the Home Office.

Qualifying criteria for Student visitor visa

For your Tier 4 Student Visitor Visa application to be successful:

  • You will need to prove that you are registered on a course of study;
  • You must plan to visit the UK for a maximum of 6 months and leave at the end of that period; and
  • You must be able to show that you also have enough money to support your stay in the UK.

Documents you must provide for student visitor visa

When you apply for student visitor visa you need to provide:

  • a current passport or other valid travel identification
  • evidence that you can support yourself during your trip, for example, bank statements or payslips for the last 6 months
  • details of where you intend to stay and your travel plans – you should not pay for accommodation or travel until you get your visa
  • contact details for at least one parent or guardian in your home country (if you’re under 18 years old)

You need to provide the original documents.

You also need to provide a certified translation of any documents that are not in English or Welsh.


What happens once you are in the UK on student visitor visa?

You can only stay in the UK for up to six months with a Student Visitor Visa. However, English language students wishing to attend exclusively English language courses will be able to apply for a student visitor visa allowing them to stay for up to 11 months. The extended student visitor visa will only be available to applicants outside the UK.

You will not be able to take a work placement, bring dependants, extend your stay or switch into other courses at the end of your stay with a Student Visitor Visa.

Why we provide the best legal advice

We are a UK Solicitors law firm and are fully authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority(link is external) (SRA) and as a professional law firm are completely exempt from requiring authorisation by the Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner(link is external) (OISC). Many businesses offering immigration services are only OISC regulated and as such are not professional legal organisations such as Solicitors firms or Barristers’ chambers. OISC businesses are not allowed to do legal work before the Courts such as Judicial Review or statutory challenges of Home Office decisions. Also as a professional organisation, our policy is not to employ sales staff to give you “advice” (all our telephone consultations are handled by lawyers). We are often instructed at immigration appeal stages in cases that ‘immigration businesses’ have dealt with and which were clearly hopeless applications at the outset. When you instruct us, qualified immigration solicitors or immigration barristers work on your case from the outset when it matters the most in order to ensure no time and money is wasted and more importantly that no mistakes are made.

Immigration Expert

As a law firm with a track record of success, you can be assured your immigration matter is in safe hands and that the best strategy for your case will be adopted. It is crucial that you seek specialist legal advice at the outset and prior to making any type of immigration application. We can assist you with your applications for any type of Visa including student visitor visa or permit and any form of leave to remain (or for entry clearance) under the points-based system. We ensure our clients comply with the Immigration Rules and the strict requirements of the UKBA prior to making an application, thereby eliminating much of the stress of the student visitor visa application process.

Contact us for successful student visitor visa applications

Our team of experienced and professionally qualified solicitors and barristers will be able to guide you through the process of student visitor visa application step by step and limit the possibility of failure by complying with the strict letter of the law. Please always call us for a telephone consultation even if you wish to consider other advisers.

Our Immigration Experts are able to give specialist legal information and advice in this area of law. To contact one of our Immigration Solicitors or Immigration Barristers call us now on 01206500181