Accidents in Public Places

If you’ve had an accident in public place due to no fault of your own, we can help you get reparation and compensation.

When you’re out and about, whether, in the park, the street, or another public place, you should be able to go about your day without the risk of injury. Businesses have a duty to make sure that you’re secure when on earth you enter their premises and public bodies such as councils and local establishment must make sure public highways are properly maintained.

How we can help with your Accidents in Public Places Claim?

As a law firm of accident claim solicitors, we handle lots of personal injury compensation claims every year. We can help with a range of public accident claims and secure the injury compensation you deserve.

Common Accidents in Public Places Claims

Claims for Accidents in Public Places might include:

  • The accident in a supermarket or shopping centre
  • Injured whilst playing Sports
  • Horse riding accidents
  • A dog bite or attack
  • Being hit by a bicycle or skateboard
  • An accident in a restaurant
  • An accident in a pub or bar
  • Accident at a gym or leisure centre

We freely offer legal advice as to whether you can claim for a Public Place Accident.

Can I Claim for Accidents in Public Places?

If someone is at fault, has been negligent, or in some other way carries the blame for what has happened to you, you can probably make a successful public accident compensation claim.

  • Dog Bite Compensation

    Dog owners have a responsibility to ensure their dogs are kept under control and don’t pose a threat to the public. If you’ve been bitten by a dog, contact us and tell us about what happened. It’s likely we will be able to help you pursue a Dog Bite Compensation claim.

  • Accidents in Public Places

    Shop and Restaurant owners have a responsibility to ensure spillages and hazardous items are managed to avoid the public slipping or being injured. Gym and Leisure Centre owners have a responsibility to ensure equipment is fully maintained and safe for your use.

  • Claims for Assault Compensation

    People have a duty to act in a reasonable manner even when under the influence of alcohol. If you have been the victim of assault or a physical attack, compensation will help with the cost of any medical care. In the absence of an opponent to claim against; you may still be able to claim under the Criminal Injuries Compensation Scheme. In either of the cases above contact us on 01206500181 to discuss the details of your claim with one of our personal injury specialists, or complete an Online Claim Enquiry Form.

What can Accidents in Public Places Compensation Pay for?

By making a personal injury compensation claim, you can access funds to help cover expenses, as well as any medical treatment you may need.

Every personal injury case is different, so there’s no set amount of compensation you’ll receive for your public accident claim. The amount of compensation you’ll get will depend on your circumstances, the severity of your injuries and the long-term impact.

To work out how much compensation you’re entitled to, we’ll take into account factors such as:

  • Expenses– including travel expenses to medical appointments, medical equipment and things that help with practical day-to-day living.
  • Loss of earnings– to cover any time you’ve had off work and time off you may need in the future. This figure can also cover matters such as not returning to the same role or not being able to return to work.
  • Pain and suffering– caused by your injury or illness.
  • Further treatments– to pay for any further surgery or medical procedures you may need after experiencing negligent treatment.
  • Adaptations– we can help you adapt your home and vehicle after an injury to help with living independently. Find out more about the kind of changes that can be made to a property
  • Care costs– to fund home care visits and past and future rehabilitative treatments.

What to Do If You Are Involved In A Road Traffic Accident

Even though a lot of confusion takes place after a traffic collision, there are a few things you should be sure to do if you are involved in a road traffic accident.

These few steps will help ease the road  public accident claims process, so be sure to do the following if you can;

  • Share information with the other party. This includes phone number, names, insurance details, addresses and car registration numbers.
  • Take photos of the accident. This is a helpful precaution as it gives vivid details of the collision. In addition, it will help you to keep track of where the accident occurred.
  • Write down the model of the other parties car, the colour, year and the amount of damage suffered.
  • If there are any witnesses around, take down their information as well.
  • Be sure you note down who the owner of the car is in case he/she was not the driver.
  • Refrain from discussing the accident. Issues such as who was in the wrong, how to go about reporting it to the insurance companies etc. should be avoided.
  • Make sure to report the accident to the police just in case of future disagreements with the other party.
  • Inform your insurance company of the accident as well. This should be done as soon as possible.


I’ve been injured in a Public Place, what can I claim for?

We always cover the two main aspects of compensation in detail: we seek damages in relation to your injury, and we seek remuneration for your financial losses. This gives you a comprehensive accident compensation claim that will do what you really need it to do. We don’t do a ‘quick fix’ accident injury claims that leave you exposed to future difficulties – we do things properly, to your best advantage.

Contact us to deal with your Public Accident Claim

If you’ve had an accident in public place, you could be entitled to compensation. Even if you’re not sure who was to blame for your injuries, it’s worth getting in touch – our expert personal injury lawyers will investigate your case in-depth to work out who is responsible.

Contact us on 01206500181 to discuss the details of your claim with one of our personal injury specialists with no obligation or complete an Online Claim Enquiry Form and we’ll call you.